We run 4 national population screening programmes: 3 that screen for cancer, and 1 that screens for diabetic retinopathy.
Our programmes focus on looking for early signs of disease in healthy people, so that we can:
- detect health issues early
- help prevent disease
- ensure that anyone who does develop the disease being screened for has the best chance of early, more effective treatment
- reduce people’s risk of developing a disease or its complications
- support people in making informed decisions about their health
Our programmes are:
What we do
Our programmes invite large groups of healthy people for screening to check for changes or early signs of disease.
Here is some of the work we do:
- National population screening programmes.
- Quality assurance - making sure the quality of screening meets high standards.
- Health equity - improving access so that everyone has access to screening regardless of who they are, where they are from, and how they define themselves or are defined.
- Research, responding to research, and giving others access to the results of data to help others.
Fiona Murphy Chief Executive | Príomhfheidhmeannach
Grace Turner Head of Strategy, Business and Projects I Ceann na Straitéise, Gnó agus Tionscadal
Gráinne Gleeson Programme Manager, CervicalCheck / Bhainisteoir an Chláir, CervicalCheck
Suzanne Lynch Programme Manager, BreastCheck I Bainisteoir Cláir, BreastCheck
Helen Kavanagh Programme Manager, Diabetic RetinaScreen | Bhainisteoir an Chláir, Diabetic RetinaScreen
Hilary Coffey Farrell Programme Manager, BowelScreen | Bhainisteoir an Chláir, BowelScreen
Brenda Ryan Head of Client Services | Ceannasaí na Seirbhísí Cliaint
Fiona Ness General Manager of Communications, Engagement and Information Development | Bainisteoir Ginearálta Cumarsáide agus Forbartha Rannpháirtíochta agus Eolais
Suzanne Allen Head of HR – Corporate Services I Ceann Acmhainní Daonna – Corparáideach
Dr Caroline Mason Mohan Director of Public Health | Stiúrthóir Sláinte Poiblí
Professor Patricia Fitzpatrick Consultant Epidemiologist/Director of Evaluation, Programme Evaluation Unit
Brian O’Carroll, General Manager, ICT | Bainisteoir ginearálta, techneolaíocht faisnéise agus cumarsáide
Colette Brett Head of Quality, Safety & Risk | Ceann Cáilíochta, Sábháilteachta & Riosca
Professor Nóirín Russell Clinical Director, CervicalCheck programme
Professor Pádraic Mac Mathuna Clinical Director, BowelScreen programme
Professor Fidelma Flanagan Clinical Director, BreastCheck programme
Professor David Keegan Clinical Director, Diabetic RetinaScreen programme
Freephone: 1800 45 45 55
National Screening Service,
King's Inns House,
200 Parnell Street,
Dublin 1, D01 A3Y8