What we do
Our main focus is to address the 13 common causes of harm outlined on page 16 of the HSE Patient Safety Strategy 2019-2024 (PDF, 30 pages, 0.6MB). International evidence indicates these are high impact patient safety risks, which, if tackled effectively, can result in improving safety and quality across all health settings.
Here are some examples of the work we do:
- National Medication Safety Programme.
- Deteriorating Patient Improvement Programme.
- Pressure Ulcers to Zero Collaborative.
- Falls Prevention Collaborative.
- QUICKPatientSafety Mobile App to Reduce Harm from Falls and Pressure Ulcers.
- Schwartz Rounds.
- Q Community.
Maria Lordan Dunphy, Assistant National Director and Programme Lead, QPS Improvement
Róisín Egenton, Programme Manager (Strategy), QPS Improvement
Dervla Hogan, Programme Manager (Operations), QPS Improvement
Mary Lawless, QPS Improvement Administrator
Jessica Cully, QPS Improvement Administrator