What we do
Our main focus is to address the 13 common causes of harm outlined on page 16 of the HSE Patient Safety Strategy 2019-2024 (PDF, 30 pages, 0.6MB). International evidence indicates these are high impact patient safety risks, which, if tackled effectively, can result in improving safety and quality across all health settings.
Here are some examples of the work we do:
- National Medication Safety Programme.
- Deteriorating Patient Improvement Programme Partnership.
- Pressure Ulcers to Zero Collaborative.
- Falls Prevention Collaborative.
- Mobile App to Support the Improvements in Pressure Ulcers and Falls Prevention.
- Schwartz Rounds.
- Q Community.
Maria Lordan Dunphy, Assistant National Director and Programme Lead, QPS Improvement and Patient Safety
Róisín Egenton, Programme Manager (Strategy), QPS Improvement and Patient Safety
Dervla Hogan, Programme Manager (Operations), QPS Improvement and Patient Safety
Kelly Gibney, QPS Improvement and Patient Safety Office Manager
Mary Lawless, QPS Improvement and Patient Safety Administrator
Ciara Kirke, National Medication Safety Programme
Gráinne Molloy, National Medication Safety Programme Administrator