Welcome. We would be delighted if you could help promote the Know Check Ask campaign locally. We hope you find the resources below helpful.
If you require the MP4 files for the videos, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following suggestions may help to maximise the impact of this campaign:
- General: Display posters throughout your service and show videos on screens in public areas. Promote the campaign on your website, with a prompt for people to bring a list of their medicines if attending your service, and include a link to www.safermeds.ie to that people can print a My medicines list to bring with them.
- Social Media: Please share the campaign and/or videos on any social media channels your service uses.
If you are working in a hospital setting, these additional suggestions may be useful:
- Out-patient departments, pre-admission clinics and elective admissions: Enclose the My medicines list with appointment letters, make copies available at reception areas. Display posters and show videos on screens in waiting areas.
- Emergency Departments: Make My medicines leaflets available at reception and/or in waiting areas.
- Consider including My medicines leaflets with discharge information, with advice for people to complete it at home so they have an up-to-date list for any forthcoming appointments.
There is a parallel Know Check Ask campaign for healthcare staff (poster F). The message for staff is to:
- Know – your medication
- Check – you have the right patient, medicine, route, dose and time
- Ask – your patient if they understand
This could be used as part of a staff education or awareness session.
My medicines list
- Poster A – Before you Take it: Man
- Poster B – Before you Take it: Pharmacy
- Poster C – Before you Take it: Woman
- Poster D – Before you Take it: Young Woman
- Poster E – Before you Take it: Hand
- Poster F – Before you Give it: Hand
- Poster G – Before you Take it: Ask your Pharmacist
- Poster H - Before you take it Inclusive